A complete solution for manufacturers
Manufacturers that want a complete solution can turn to NetSuite’s cloud-based financial, enterprise resource planning (ERP) and e-commerce software that gives them all the functionality needed for a modern business and enables them to seamlessly integrate with global networks of suppliers and partners.
NetSuite provides inventory, warehouse management, accounting and financial management, order management, customer relationship management and e-commerce capabilities. It supports inventory for multiple locations, assembly management requirements, bill of materials, work order management, diverse methods of measurement, bar coding procedures and other business processes.
Ease-of-use allows subscribers to adapt NetSuite to specific roles and requirements and do so without software programming expertise. It can be customized to provide real-time insights into key performance indicators—an intuitive dashboard provides a 360-degree view of business operations and enables any issue to be investigated thoroughly.
Since it’s a cloud-based application, manufacturers can benefit from NetSuite’s rich functionality immediately, and at lower upfront costs, than in-house legacy approaches.
NetSuite provides support for:
- Integrates with many CAD applications, simplifying costing by supporting easy import of bill of materials (BOMs).
- Ensures production engineering changes propagate end-to-end and are reflected in downstream BOMs, demand plans and procurement orders.
- Provides extended capabilities for inventory control tracking, planning and costing of items in project-controlled environments.
- Delivers more flexibility in costing by supporting comprehensive inventory costing methods including LIFO, FIFO, average, standard and actual costing.
- Streamlines team management using at-a-glance allocations of people with data, processes and business systems.
- Improves order management by automatically transitioning orders to shipping or logistics and account receivables.
- Supports multi-step picking, packing and shipping.
- Provides real-time visibility into entire order management process with relevant information such as orders, trends and order conversion rates.
- Allows drill-down from a summary level for greater details, all the way to the underlying transaction, in only a few clicks.
- Integrates with carriers such as UPS, FedEx and USPS out-of-the-box.
Sales and Marketing
- Accelerates real-time quote management by incorporating pricing, sales tax and discounting rules automatically into sales quotes.
- Allows for the creation, execution and measurement of email campaigns that convert leads to customers.
- Enables intuitive management of opportunities across status, potential revenue, key contacts notes and related documents.
- Converts quotes into approved sales orders and routes them to the finance team for invoicing and revenue recognition.
- Provides mobile access to key information such as sales orders, customer dashboards and calendars.
Supply Chain Automation
- Supports extended, yet fully integrated, supply chain environments by ensuring data flows seamlessly across networks.
- Advances distribution resource planning by automatically suggesting, and where appropriate, generating purchase orders, work orders and transfer orders across multiple locations.
- Integrates demand planning forecasts and required inventory levels based on historical data, sales forecasts, average trends and seasonal fluctuations.
- Monitors stock levels and automatically creates restocking alerts and reordering forms to ensure planned inventory levels are maintained.
- Provides real-time, detailed visibility into key spend, inventory and supply chain management metrics.
- Streamlines production environments by automatically creating work orders from sales orders in make-to-order environments.
- Features lot and serial traceability and enables both to be registered through purchasing receipts, inventory, shop floor control and sales order fulfillment functions.
- Simplifies multi-level work order processing by enabling a single work order to control a multi-level assembly.
- Supports full production routing capabilities including operational steps, work centers, labor, overhead and materials.
- Provides critical information for inventory tracking by maintaining a complete history of each product kit throughout its lifecycle.
Service and Support
- Automates case management by assigning support tickets to unique customer email addresses, including provisions for escalating issues based on customizable parameters.
- Accelerates return material authorizations by enabling products to be returned to one of many locations, where available
- Improves warranty management with look-up code that automatically trigger return and repair processes.
- Provides a rich library of online training aids that includes training videos, webinars and weekly bulletins.
- Features customizable dashboards displaying key information such as accounts receivable, orders and accounts payable.
- Provides multiple reports including income statements, balance sheets, consolidated reports, variance reports and side-by-side comparisons.
- Supports unlimited numbers of general ledger accounts, sub-accounts and segments.
- Streamlines invoice creation by automatically calculating sales taxes, finance charges and discount terms.
- Enables maintenance and control of the complete asset lifecycle across depreciating or non-depreciating assets, from creation to depreciation, revaluation and disposal.
- Simplifies period-end closes with automated allocations, currency management tools and period locking
- Enables implementation of both B2B and B2C portals that streamline order placement and improve customer satisfaction.
- Streamlines order management by transferring orders automatically to back-office fulfillment processes.
- Automatically creates dynamic price lists that reflect purchase volumes.
- Supports creation of coupons or discounts on specific items, enables exempting other items from discounts, and automatically delivers up-sell recommendations.
- Provides search engine analysis, website analytics and reporting, online marketing analytics and more
- Accepts real-time payments from different credit cards and international currencies and supports Google Checkout or PayPal checkout options.